Why Bellarmine-Jefferson High School?
Bellarmine-Jefferson High School is a Catholic, Archdiocesan, co-educational, four-year, secondary school serving a diverse student population. Through the integration of Gospel values and emphasis on each person, the faculty, staff, and students work to create a just and caring community that enriches the learning process for all. Located in beautiful downtown Burbank just north of Los Angeles, Bell-Jeff provides a balanced college preparatory program which focuses on the needs of the individual student, while addressing the development of the total person. The curricular and co-curricular programs prepare students for an active role in a culturally diverse society.
Special Academic Programs
- We have a 1:1 Chromebook technology program with digital textbooks and technology integration in the classroom.
- We offer a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Academy to support new technology, with courses such as robotics, sustainable gardening and technology literacy.
- Students interested the arts will have the opportunity to take part in a number of Visual and Performing Arts offerings: Media Arts (UC approved), Music Composition and Instrumental Music class, Acting/Rehearsal and Performance class, Chorus class, and Art classes, including two- and three-dimensional, advanced and graphic design.
- Alternative classes and enrichment courses during our Winter Intersession program (first three weeks of January after Christmas Break): Drama, Community Service, Art Project, Media Production, Speech and Writing, and internships in local community (Movie/TV studios, Burbank city government offices, medical profession/hospitals)
- Honors and AP courses available
- We also offer The Amgen Biotech Experience—an educational outreach program providing equipment, curriculum assistance and supplies to high schools and colleges—as part of our science curriculum. Bell-Jeff is one of 80 schools in California participating in this exciting program, which gives our teachers access to a hands-on, inquiry-based molecular biology curriculum.
There are a number of clubs and groups for Bell-Jeff students to be a part of, including, California Scholarship Federation, National Honor Society, Key Club, Campus Ministry, Student Leadership (ASB and Student Council), Academic Decathlon, Robotics Team
Bell-Jeff, the home of The Guards, offers many exciting athletic opportunities for our students, including Cross-Country, Volleyball, Football, Basketball, Cheerleading, Soccer, Track and Field, Baseball, and Softball.
How to Apply
Bellarmine-Jefferson High School has partnered with The Cambridge Network to ensure the best possible international program. The Cambridge Network’s international student program prepares students for life abroad prior to arriving at the school and continues to provide international students with on-going support throughout the school year. International students coming from China must work with The Cambridge Network to apply to Bellarmine-Jefferson High School.
To apply, please click here to start the process.
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about applying to Bellarmine-Jefferson High School.
If you are interested in hosting a Bellarmine-Jefferson High School international student from China, please click here.
Contact the Cambridge Network